Friday, October 31, 2008

24 hours from now...

We will be leaving for Denver International Airport to get on a plane and head to Ethiopia. We finally get to meet our son! Even though we have so many pictures, both Aaron and I wonder what he will really look like. Every photo is so different, and one knows that a picture doesn't begin to capture the countenance of a child. We can't wait to hold him and see him and kiss him!

One thing we can tell from the photos that have been coming since we first saw his picture 3 1/2 months ago ... he is changing. His personality is growing and changing. They have told us that he is much much happier than when he arrived at the home. That is evident in his pictures! We can't wait to have him home so his personality can be molded even more by a family that loves him!

Just look for yourself ....


Here is the first picture we saw of him....


3 1/2 months later ....... 24 hours before we leave to pick him up .........

So cute! :)

5 comments:

Jeff said...

God's speed! I'll be praying every step along the way.


It's been awesome to follow you along the way via your blog. Thanks for sharing your personal journey.


It's given me a glimpse of God...


Job 29:11-12
"Whoever heard me spoke well of me, and those who saw me commended me, because I rescued the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to assist him."

Kari said...

WOW!!! I've personally seen this precious baby boy...your son, in person and he has changed dramatically. Look at that stunning smile:))) We are sooo blog stalking you now!! LOL
We can't wait to read updates & see lots of new pics!
We are praying you home!!!
love ya lots,
Kari

tclaughner said...

Jody, He is gorgeous... I can't wait to hold him. I look forward to seeing you soon. We are praying for your trip. See you in Ethiopia.

brandts brandts everywhere said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. He's is an amazing God! this is so wonderful!

Unknown said...

yes! SO SO SO CUTE!! i can't wait to see that lil cutie in person!!
praying for you tonight!!
GODspeed!!!