Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dandelion Dust Thoughts

Aaron and I watched the movie, Dandelion Dust, the other night. "Intense" is perhaps the only word I can use to describe it. Several times throughout the movie, Aaron asked if we could turn it off. It was that difficult to watch at times. I had read a review stating that it was a great movie, and would make you question what you believe to be right and wrong when it comes to adoption. It seemed right up our alley. And yes, I do know that it was first a book. But that would have involved reading. Not my specialty.

Anyway, I don't have much to say about the movie because I don't want to spoil it. I do actually recommend the movie. Aaron maybe wouldn't ?? But that's normal around here. There was one line that brought me to tears though as I contemplated our adoption(s). I often think of Malachi's birth mom, and fully expect to have similar thoughts toward our next child's birth mother. Whatever the reason my adopted children needed to be adopted, they had a mother before me who loved them fiercely. I know this to be true due to the fact that they now live with me. Here was the quote:

"One Mom loved you so much that she couldn't let you go. Another Mom loved you so much that she had to."

I would do ANYTHING for Malachi, for any of my children. I have a child waiting out there who will also one day hold such a place in my heart. I pray today for the Mom(s) who loved so much that her love required  her to let go.

Have you seen the movie? Read the book? What do you think?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have not seen the movie or read the book but I think I need to. Many times each week I think and pray for the mom(s) of my future children. I think about her more than her future child right now.