Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Time for Grace

Well, we aren't going to make it in time. Aaron spoke with our director this morning, and she was kind enough to let us know that we will NOT be getting a referral this month. Thus, we will not be making it in time for court closures. Stink.....

So what now? We wait. The grace that is needed will now come to me, in daily doses I'm sure, to make it through this wait. My prayer is that I can wait well. Meaning, no doubting of God's perfect timing, no being angry or trying to blame this or that for the reason we wait, no crying unexpectedly .... well, maybe the last one can happen a couple of times. The hardest part for me is knowing that Malachi will have to sit in an orphanage without us, his family for 4-5 more months. It saddens me to think of how he will grow, the things he will learn as every baby does.... all without me there snapping pictures of every first. I suppose there was always going to be some element of that, as we weren't ever expecting a newborn. Anyway, today I'm at least able to let go of this hope I've been clinging to. I'm able to stop jumping with every phone call. I'm able to completely focus on all that is to come these next 4-5 months without wondering - "what if we have to leave for Africa, then what?". Things like a pending move, homeschooling, leading (or not at this point) a womens study in the fall, travel, and of course .... 4-5 more months of enjoying the family God has made us thus far -- until life turns crazy crazy with one more. (Or 2???)

I will certainly post when the referral comes. I can't imagine it NOT coming sometime in July. So we will have a picture to hold on to at least. That will be good for the kids belief, and for my heart I suppose.

Life continues...... and so does Grace.

2 Cor 12:9 - My grace is sufficient for you

Isaiah 30:15 In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.

Isaiah 30:18 Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.

Isaiah 40:31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

**Lamentations 3:22-25 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion", says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him". The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.**

8 comments:

kim said...

Jody,

Our God is faithful and he will complete this work. I am sorry that you will be waiting after the court closures. Praying with you!
Kim (YG)

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Jody,
I am so sorry you will have to wait through the court closure. You are absolutely right though, God's grace is enough, day by day. Are you sure you won't get a referral in July? Surely it will come soon. We are keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Okay, I just reread your post....you said it WILL most likely come in July. When I read that the first time, I thought you meant it wouldn't. That makes me feel much better for you guys!

Jori said...

Jody ~ Well, who knows "when" the call will come but as you have stated; "grace", it is there for each of us. Waiting with you.
Jori
DTE 02/19 either x2

Deann said...

My heart and prayers go out to you. I am so sorry.

ChasePlace said...

Allow yourself to grieve that loss of time with Malachi. I too had to grieve that as I packed away all the stuff already out that he was then too old to use. It is a difficult thing to know he is just waiting for you. But know too that he is in God's hands, the best place he could be. You are in our prayers.

K.P. said...

Hang in there. My heart hurts for all of those stuck through the court closure. God is good and will give you what you need to get through. I wasn't always willing to accept what I needed as it wasn't always what I WANTED. :) It's a daily battle.

Praying for all of you on the bubble!

If you know his face before we travel...send a package with us!

KP

williamandshelley said...

sorry for your long wait.
where do you all live in colorado?