This post is written as a plea to all our friends and family. Wait times are growing with the Ethiopia program. Ugh...again. There is a big long list of reasons why that surround this -- all of which are disheartening to me. Needless to say - we are staring court closures in the face. August 2nd (I believe), Ethiopia courts will shut down for 2 months. If we do not get our referral of Malachi by the end of June, we will most likely not make our court date (which finalizes him as our son before we go get him) before the courts close. Thus, we will hold on to a photo of our son for months and months rather than 6-8 weeks. We will not travel until fall or even early winter. Tears streaming down my face..... I have felt convicted to begin some serious prayer and fasting over all that surrounds this adoption from this point on. Every Friday I will be fasting and praying for the following (just to name a few)......
1) For Malachi's referral to come BEFORE THE END OF JUNE. (Most important prayer request.)
2) For court dates to be constant and regular and uninterrupted. (Everyone who is adopting from Ethiopia is trying to get their court dates through from this point on. So the courts will be crowded to say the least.)
3) For me to wait patiently on the Lord. For me to wait well.
4) For Providence, Eden, and Sam to wait well.
5) For Malachi's referral to come before the end of June. (again) :)
Fast and pray with me.... at least pray with me....every Friday... until Malachi is our son. I'm asking God for a miracle...I feel it will be a miracle to get our referral before July 1. He's a big God, that can work big miracles. An even bigger miracle I suppose, will be if that referral doesn't make it in time...for the waiting well to take place.
...if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.