Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Do I get a rebate from Walgreens???

This week, the Britton household was hit by the nasty strep throat bug. It began with Mom. Well, this isn't entirely true. We've known for several years that both Providence and Eden are "carriers" of said disease. (This meaning they carry it, but seldom show symptoms of it... or at least the common symptoms. Trust me, you don't want to know.) So how would we know they were infected???? Because I, Jody, would get horribly horribly ill. (For those of you who know me personally - remember last years ear thing? Yeah, that started w/ strep.) Anyway, I spike an enormous fever and become delusional. I'm not really sure of anything that has happened since Monday morning. I'm pretty sure Aaron took off work for 2 days to watch our kids. :) So, today, once I was awake, I took the 3 little ones in to find out which one was the culprit. Guess who??? ALL 3!!! WHAT??? They aren't even sick! Ugh. I didn't stand a chance. Aaron is starting to feel it tonight. He's headed to the Dr. in the AM. In the meantime, after going to Walgreens tonight, I thought the following was pretty hysterical. This doesn't even count the massive amounts of Tylenol, Motrin, Chloroseptic Spray, and Throat Coat. :) Ahhhh... will Malachi be another "carrier" of strep to help his 3 siblings gang up on me? I hope so, because 6 bottles of the pink stuff isn't near enough for one growing family! :)

Update: Aaron tested positive this morning. He's thrilled.



1 comment:

Dena said...

sweetie...you didn't stand a chance!