Wednesday, June 15, 2011

rescue me speedily!

A sweet friend (that was for you Michelle) sent me a message tonight with a verse that she is praying for our Ugandan Sweetie. I was so blessed by it, and cannot stop dwelling on it. I loved it so much that I want it to become the prayer I pray for her ... and the prayer that anyone who thinks of her can pray for her.

I can't imagine being a six year old girl anticipating a whole new world.... a world that can't come soon enough. I can't imagine the thoughts, the fears, the hope, the emotions that accompany what I'm being told is around the corner. It's so hard for us to wait for her. I can't imagine what she feels like as she waits for us.

So for her, my daughter, this I pray:

Psalm 31:1-5 :
In you, O LORD, do I take refuge;
   let me never be put to shame;
   in your righteousness deliver me!
Incline your ear to me;
   rescue me speedily!
Be a rock of refuge for me,
   a strong fortress to save me!

For you are my rock and my fortress;
   and for your name’s sake you lead me and guide me;
you take me out of the net they have hidden for me,
   for you are my refuge.

Into your hand I commit my spirit;
   you have redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God.



Read the bold portion again. Beautiful. Don't you love that God has given us these beautiful passages in his Word? I am. When I have no words left, when I can't think of any more prayers to pray - He gives me this.

Thank you Andrea for this precious gift.

1 comment:

beBOLDjen said...

Praying along with you for that speedy rescue!