Friday, September 5, 2008

Beautiful Song that IS my heart!

Sara Groves has an album out entitled "Station Wagons". It is a favorite at the Britton household, and the babes often fall asleep listening to it. And although I've heard this CD a MILLION times over, a song jumped out to me just last night that is exactly my heart toward Malachi these last several months. (It is a wonderful song for any mom toward their child, adopted or not ... so you should listen regardless of where your babies come from!) The video is sadly some lame video someone posted on YouTube...so just listen on a different window while reading the words on this page. In case you don't feel like doing that, you can just read the words below if you'd rather ... but you should listen to it. :)

Oh, and we got an update on Malachi today along with some more pictures from the Director of the home he is in. We can't wait! 1 month and 2 days until courts re-open!!!

Prayers for This Child
by Sara Groves

I do not know how I am to pray for this child
as a mother I don't want my baby denied
but in the waiting in the waiting
I learned

every instinct in me wants to shield him from pain
take the arrows of misery heartache and blame
but in the sorrow in the sorrow
I learned to hold on

I only have two eyes - be all seeing
I only have two hands - be everywhere
I do not know enough - to be all knowing
I give this baby up into your care

I do not know how, how to pray for this child
I want to guard her from everything wicked and wild
but in the trial in the trial
I learned to hold on
And in the trial, in the trial
I learned to hold on to the heart of God

4 comments:

Ray and Lisa said...

What a beautiful song! I love Sara Groves, but I hadn't heard this one yet.

Mark Redfern said...

Thanks for posting this, Jody! :) I like those words & am waiting for the video to load so I can watch it without buffering! haha. :)

--Katie Redfern

Anna said...

THANK you for sharing! I love Sara Groves but don't have this one cd! It is perfect for this wait. Thank you for sharing it, it is an encouragement to me today!
Praying for all our kiddos and us as we wait!
Anna (YG)

Kelly said...

Thank you Jody for your kind words and encouragement! It means so much to me that you are praying... GOD BLESS YOU!!!