Tuesday, July 22, 2008

For my son (and all our children really)

In the same day that I'm wrestling through not being able to be there for you, and resting in the truth that your Heavenly Father is ... the silliest thing happened. (Well, silly is probably not the right word.) I got a VERY SMALL glimpse of the reality that is the rest of my life - I can't fix everything. I can't make your life pain free, tear free, heartache free, or sickness free.

Tonight, while playing outside, Sam and Eden were both stung by wasps. Eden 2 or 3 times, and Sam at least 5. Oh my mommy heart. I just can't take my kids hurting while there is nothing I can do. Sure, I can rub some stuff on it. Just like I can send you some formula across the world. But nothing will compare with the never-failing protection and love of your Daddy in Heaven. May you learn soon to rest in it my son. (Like tomorrow would be good.)

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Do you hear His singing??? It's better than even mom and dads (and people say we are pretty good).

Hold to Jesus ... He's holding on to you!

3 comments:

Melissa Juvinall said...

Jody,
I'm so sorry for your terrible evening! I wanted to call you last night but your number wasn't in the YG database. Sending hugs!
Melissa Juvinall

Jori said...

Jody ~ You always have the posts that make me think. It is where I should be, or want to be, and strive to be! Thank you so much for reminding me ~ HE loves them more than I ever could!!
Praying with you through the wait.
Jori

Rebecca Caldwell said...

This is just what I needed to hear!! It is sooo hard!!!! Thank you for that post!